As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear MD & MnM should have been tilted ! (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: MD & MnM should have been tilted !
Killer Beez
Re: MD & MnM should have been tilted ! 18 Years, 4 Months ago
I am glad they are not at an angle - that would mean larger cases would be required to gig these things. Right now they are pretty powerful for their low profile - and I don't know about you folks, but I always stand right over them. I never have them in the rear where I would want an angled panel - if I play out with these, they are front and center.

I guess the trapper keeper thing works - but if you want to get pro, just make little attatchments that screw into where the rack ears would go, and make those the thing that holds the machine at an angle - that way you can continue to have them low profile, and just have a few little metal or wooden ends to keep track of, not precious trapper keepers. (mine are all in storage in my moms basement - I think they all have "metallica" scribbled all over them in unicorn blood)
  The topic has been locked.
Admin

milkmansnd wrote:
...but if you want to get pro...

i want to get pro! :-D
Boo
My latest album: 3/5 Q Magazine, 4/5 Aversion.com, buy it here!
I think they all have "metallica" scribbled all over them in unicorn blood)

Yoshi
oh yeah i'd like to have 'm tilted!
i'm always leaning over my desk while playing with the MD and my back isn't that great...
but it's true that it would be really easy to construct the stands yourself. actually, i just put what ever is in reach under it to have it tilted
Boo
My latest album: 3/5 Q Magazine, 4/5 Aversion.com, buy it here!
Now this may sound a tad obsessive...

I've made little wedges to tilt my 808, 202 and other gear to tweakable angles out of that expandy foam stuff that's for filling up humongous holes in brickwork or whatever.

I squirt a big dollop out and then the next day I cut it to the angle I want. Unlike using a book or whatever, it supports the bit of gear evenly and securely.

The wedges don't look pretty (sort of like alien cheese) but I never see them and they work very well.
Killer Beez
well, you could spraypaint those wedges black and they might blend in more.

seriously though - even using a wooden shim from a hardware store will provide a decent tilt to the machine - or 2 doorstops - or an actual wedge of Yarlsberg cheese. You get the idea.
Hammer Bro
actually it would be cool to do an inverse wedge, and suspend the gear from the ceiling along the back edge only..
Cappy
i agree they should be tilted.. i always wanted to make wooden stands for my MD.. however i now have a 19" rack where it fits very nicely.. so no wooden panels..
Boo
MD-UW - SFX-6 - SidStation
batni.tumblr.com

Jyoti wrote:
The wedges don't look pretty (sort of like alien cheese) but I never see them and they work very well.

Mmm...alien cheese. Must...eat...alien...cheese... *gargle*

But to be sort of on-topic:

There was this one time? When I like, lifted my MD from my lap? And then I like, placed it on like, a table? Like, and I was playing with it? Like, you know? Like, I did you know.
Cappy

actuel wrote:
i want to get pro! :-D

http://obliq.net/guestftp/elektron_console2.jpg
Go to top Post Reply